Sunday, March 4, 2012

Vince's Spaghetti

I understand that this is a blog that is specifically supposed to cover the High Desert area, however some places are so good that they deserve to be mentioned and properly reviewed. The place i'm speaking of is actually a short drive for High Desert residents, located in Rancho Cucamonga is the spaghetti lovers paradise known as Vince's Spaghetti. Vince's is tucked in between The Magic Lamp and the Sycamore Inn on Foothill. Both of the previously mentioned restaurants are fantastic steak houses that would leave you no where close to even considering eating at the small italian joint in between the 2. Vince's is an establishment that has cut down the center divide and has made a name for themselves on the Foothill restaurant row.
Vince's pretty much offers only spaghetti, they have a couple other types of pasta and a sandwiches on the menu, but for the most part the menu revolves around their famous spaghetti. My wife and I ordered their simply put "spaghetti dinner". Each dinner was around $15 each and came with a boatload of food, the first out was the salad. The salad was nothing out of the ordinary other than the waiter suggesting that we order a bowl of shredded provolone cheese for the sake of "making it rain" all over our salads. Turns out the waiter was completely right, the freshly grated provolone kicked the salad up numerous notches and added a ton of character to an otherwise simple bowl of lettuce.
Along with salad we also received Minestrone soup, the soup came out piping hot and was the perfect remedy to an otherwise cold night in Rancho. The soup was a little on the watery side but it wasn't anything that some crushed saltine crackers couldn't fix. The soup was simple but had great flavor and plenty of fresh veggies.
It wouldn't be a Vince's review if I didn't talk about the freshly grated Provolone that Vince's sells by the bowl as an accompaniment to your meal. This cheese was fresh, creamy, mildly salted, and literally melted in my mouth. Every dish that was brought to me ended up being drenched with this cheese! Just when I thought the cheese couldn't get any better, I took a nice melted spoonful of it with my soup, with that bite I immediately realized why my wife and I had to wait 45 minutes to get a table for two.
Next up was the spaghetti that supposedly put this place on the map, I upped the ante and ordered a side of their homemade meatballs to go along with my spaghetti. The first thing I did was bomb my spaghetti with shredded provolone. At first bite I couldn't help but taste a certain simplicity in the tomato sauce, it tasted super simple but nothing like i had ever had out of a can or bottle. The sauce was so simple and so perfectly done that it completely hit me from left field, it felt like Vince's took everything that's missing from canned/bottled sauces and put it in their sauce. The pasta was cooked perfectly and easily wrapped around the fork for easy eating. The meatballs were another item that tasted simple but perfect. The meatball had a garlic aftertaste and was extremely moist on the inside.
With the dinner you also get a choice of garlic bread or cheese bread, my wife and I chose the cheese bread. The cheese bread was amazing, the crunchy and thick parmesan top perfectly accented the steamy, fluffy, and flakey fresh baked bread. The fact that the bottom half of the bread was fluffy made the bread that much more important to the meal as it served as a perfect vehicle for soaking up leftover sauce.

The best way to describe Vince's is "simple but perfect", there isn't anything over the top or exaggerated in their presentation or taste. There's simply well cooked spaghetti, tasty sides, and a romantic atmosphere that will have you planning out a return visit before the bill even hits your table. Vince's is a perfect date spot, the atmosphere is romantic and the booths are very private from others. The entire meal with 2 beers was just over $35, My wife and I also left with an entire basket of leftovers that kept us full the following day. If you're ever in the Rancho Cucamonga area and looking for a romantic evening of good eats and good times, give Vince's a try. Vince's Spaghetti is located at 8241 Foothill Boulevard in Rancho Cucamonga.

No comments:

Post a Comment