Sunday, March 4, 2012

Oklahoma Joe's - Round 2

In a recent work-related trip to Kansas I recently made a return trip to Oklahoma Joe's. On my last visit i regretted not trying the "Big Z Sandwich" after walking out of the restaurant and seeing another person getting ready to devour theirs. This time around I told myself that my only mission on this trip was to try a Big Z and live to tell the tale.
When ordering my Big Z I was asked wether or not I wanted it Jumbo or Regular, there was no doubt in my mind that I would be ordering the Jumbo version. The sandwich came with a pound of freshly smoked brisket, melted provolone, 2 large onion rings, BBQ sauce, and to top it all off it was sandwiched in between 2 slices of fresh baked butter bread. This sandwich is easily the best sandwich i've ever had in my life! I was able to watch them pull the slab of brisket out of the smoker and slice the pieces off that were on my sandwich, each piece melted in my mouth and tasted like dry rub, smoke, and great tasting meat. The bbq sauce was tomato based and had a perfect tang to it. The melted provolone and super crunchy onion rings took the sandwich into another realm. I honestly don't think that I will ever have a sandwich that tasty in my lifetime ever again.
Here's a look at the short end slab of ribs I also ordered with my sandwich. These ribs literally fell off the bone with the slightest tug. The dry rub was so good that sauce honestly wasn't needed. On a couple bites I put sauce on the ribs and it took them to another level of flavor. If you're ever in the Kansas City area, do yourself a favor and check out Oklahoma Joe's.

No comments:

Post a Comment