Sunday, March 4, 2012

Bob's Big Boy

If you've ever been to Barstow it's not too hard to notice the massive outlet center on your way into town. Those outlets include a plethora of dining establishments to pick from, from Chili's to Chipotle the choices are plentiful. On my stop in Lenwood I decided to give Bob's Big Boy a try.
Bob's Big Boy is your basic diner that serves burgers, sandwiches, and shakes. I wasn't really too sure what to order so I went with the item that said "famous" next to it. While Bob's classic burger looked like a Big Mac to me, the description said otherwise. I received the burger and at first bite this burger tasted exactly like a big mac, the only difference was the sharp aftertaste of relish that came on the burger. That relish saved Bob's from getting thrown into the category of "restaurant that ripped off Mcdonalds". The relish in the burger was actually pretty tasty despite the dull flavored burger patties and the fresh out of the can dressing on the burger. The fries were actually pretty tasty and the onion rings were cooked well and weren't drenched in grease. If you're looking for conservative diner food at a decent price, Bob's is probably a safe bet. While there are other restaurants in the area that are well above Bob's level, I still wouldn't detour you from going to Bob's even if those other restaurants had long waiting times. My burger meal and side of onion rings came in at just under $8 including a drink. Bob's Big Boy is located at 2860 Lenwood rd in the Lenwood area of Barstow.

No comments:

Post a Comment