Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Carl's Jr Avocado Turkey Burger


It's a given fact that fast food becomes less appetizing as you get older. It makes you tired, groggy, and gives you a hell of a stomach ache. The last time that I can remember enjoying Carls Jr was back in high school when we would go get Western Bacon Cheeseburgers after school and hang out in the parking lot. I mildly enjoyed the Jalapeno Chicken Sandwich, but other than that, Carls Jr provides food with a strong flavor of disappointment. Once I saw the commercials on tv for their new line of turkey burgers, I immediately became intrigued, especially since my wife and I usually substitute all beef products for turkey when we cook at home. I figured that since they were the first major fast food chain to offer these, I would give them a try. I ordered the Avocado Turkey Burger (pictured above). Yes, I know it doesn't look very appetizing in the picture, but i'll take partial blame for attempting to cut the burger in half with the plastic knife that came with my wife's salad (does it ever look like it does on the commercial?). Upon the first bite, the first thing I noticed is that the guacamole on the burger actually tasted fresh, it had large tomato and jalapeno chunks that provided heat and freshness. The second thing I noticed is that the burger's outside had a nice charred shell from the charbroil, and the inside was incredibly moist and juicy with great flavor. The turkey patty in this burger tastes better than some of the store bought turkey patties i've purchased from the grocery store. The whole wheat bun was flavorful and held the burger together perfectly. Supposedly the turkey burgers at Carls Jr are all under 500 calories, which makes this burger even better than I had originally thought. Even if you're not a fast food eater, this burger is definitely worthy of a shot. Since this visit i've also tried the Pineapple Teriyaki Turkey Burger and that burger is also very good! NOTE: I understand that Carls Jr isn't necessarily a high desert establishment, but I feel that with the amount of fast food joints in the desert, it's good to offer advice on new products at these places. Some people don't have time to sit down at a restaurant or cook a meal at home, so fast food is the only option most days. I won't be making fast food posts a habit on this blog, but I felt this was worthy of some spotlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment